Topic 2: Learning

The online process has been closed!
The Declaration taskforce aims to gather and include the various inputs of the online process into one text.

Learning

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Re-focus on our missions and keep political power/impact in mind

For CSOs it is a high-wire-act to balance between (often) radical idea(l)s that are recorded in their mission and practical constraints in everyday work. In order to implement (some) change some organisations feel pressure to rank their original mission lower and soften their ideas. Doing that can help to establish these CSOs as negotiation-partners for politicians & enterprises and thereby provides them with additional ressources. The question is, if these activities also distance organizations from their original missions and former overall objectives. As CSOs we should think about the potential of our political power/impact, try to enhance it and support…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    • Best Practices Documentation & Sharing

For citizen movements to achieve desired impact and envisioned scope, there is urgent need to prioritise documentation of citizen movement processes and sharing these with other citizen movement: what works and what hasnt worked. Such a practise first and foremost acknowledges the diversity of different people in countries and in terms of geograpical areas and illustrates how such platforms can be utilised for a global good.It can save interventions with similar backgrounds a waste of resources when citizen and development partners learn what is likely to work for them. This is also a good way to carry informed and relevant…

7 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • We need to build an education oriented to Global Transformation and defend as a universal right.

Owe fight because everyone has the right to access an education
        articulates the promotion of values ​​(freedom, justice, equality, solidarity and peace) to
        through actions that promote a participatory approach with a focus
        affective, critical and transformative, aimed at developing the skills
        personal and collective need to fix, build and maintain living conditions
        dignity for all people, regardless of the country where you live

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • how important is educating young people and their parents about the importance of preserving their culture as well as respecting others

Alight Zimbabwe Trust ,under its program of publicizing the importance of Commons seeks to educate young people in their own cultures, as well as using indigenous languages to educate them,
          this programs aims to bridge the gap between the old generation and the current generation who at some times find themselves fighting because of how they see things in relation to cultural practices .
          we are planning to intensify our Public meetings where we are planning to hold across the country in most rural areas we work educating people about the importance of indigenous knowledge

2 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • A student council in every school!

Democracy can not be taught. One can receive info about different systems, issues, 'important politicians', political ideologies. But does that really make a student ready to enter democratic life?
            My assesment is that it doesn't. And that true democratic learning is always learning in practice, from doing. Schools therefore should not have a course on citizenship, they should have a democratic structure. And all students should be member of the student council and have a vote in the running of the school.
            As a former chair of the student council in my secondary school, I have experienced that only by…

9 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Human Rights activism a source of Learning Global Justice

The Education systems in general do not have a priority to teach about Global Justice except a few Law colleges that teaches international law. But the main source of learning about Global Justice is the Citizens Movement and Human Rights activism. The Human Rights activists are the leading and core bodies in building a citizen movements and demanding of Global Justice , defending the Human Rights of the masses. The Human Rights activists find that how the powerful nations and countries exploit the poor nations and their resources. They become most concerned about the poverty of their people and seek…

11 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Learning from Each Other

For learning from each other that it needs that we should open our minds and do not stick with our ideas at any cost and we should not close our minds to accept the opposite stands to ours one. We can learn from the successes and failures of each other and it is only possible that the activists of the world have a close coordination, networking and sharing mechanism. I will conclude as we need openness, networking, sharing and learning.

6 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • If we ignore human logic then we will push the world to superstitious, ignorant and conflicts

We should be very careful and keeping in mind the experiences from the third world and especially Muslim countries. Both the terms ethics and Human capital are misleading. I will prefer the term civic education , rights based approach and logical thinking. In the name of ethics specific religions are taught in the educational institutes, because ethics are erected on the basis of religion and religions have created divide and hatred in the society. We are very much suffering from militancy, sectarian and interfaith conflicts in Pakistan. Every religion claims that it a complete code of ethics and life but…

11 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Learning from each other from a commons perspective.

This is linked to the vision of nurturing and growing the commons as underlying logic for a global citizen movement:
                    http://deeep.uservoice.com/forums/226440-topic-1-vision-global-citizenship-and-global-jus/suggestions/4801603-the-logic-of-the-commons-to-build-global-citizensh

If we consider that a majority of existing movements for change manifest and advocate different ways of caring for commons (whether social, cultural, economic or environmental) that follow their own preferences and action logics, then they could learn from each other through exploring how they each protect, nurture and grow their 'piece' or perspective of the commons.

This would benefit each movement individually and the commons as a whole. The commons perspective would be a common ground from which…

3 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Many Citizens Movements are high jacked at the end

We develop a pluralistic and very focused approach during the Citizens Movements and work together with the people coming from different backgrounds and having different ideologies and thinking. I have learned about pluralistic approach during my involvement in the citizen movements focused on a specific issue.
                      We have witnessed that civil society becomes part of different citizens movements but at the end of the movements the common people and citizens gain very little and all the movements end on the benefits of some classes, groups and persons.
                      I want to share an example from Pakistan. A great citizen’s movement was…

8 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Engaging policy makers and negotiating for friendly and inclusive environment for service delivery practitioners

Diversified ways of activism towards policy makers where we are able to negotiate our way through friendly services for the needy.

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • The global justice is the one which don't take into account social classes.

It is by the exchanges of experience(experiment) of some of the others on the knowledge of justice that we activists can well learn

1 vote
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Community Foras

Establishing community forums in different countries to educate, learn and share citizen expectations on global justice. This will facilitate a platform for continued exchange on how best to achieve global peace and justice.

1 vote
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • The Global Citizens Movement: a sociocracy?

With the declaration taskforce we have been discussing how best to organise a democratic way of building the declaration together and to ensure equal participation. One particularly interesting frame is that of sociocracy:
                              "a system of governance, using consent-based decision making among equivalent individuals and an organizational structure based on cybernetic principles.[1] The most recent implementation of sociocracy by Gerard Endenburg,also known as Circular Organizing, was developed as a new tool for governance of private enterprise, but has been adopted in many different kinds of organizations including public, private, non-profit and community organizations as well as professional associations."
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sociocracy

What…

1 vote
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • learning

We learn about global justice through the media and travel. We need to constantly educate yourselves about the benefits of global justice, fair treatment of other global citizens. As activities we need to learn from each other through conferences and even through social media. By being involved I learn from other people's experiences in the movement.

2 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)